Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Punch Storage

A few years back I read about how another stamper organized her punches, it was years ago (maybe 12??) anyway, I took the idea and made it my own. Here are some photos of my set up--



It is PVC gutter that I purchased at a big box home improvement store. The gutter comes in 10' lengths, my first run of gutter I had the yard cut it in 1/2 so I could fit it into my car. You need 2 end caps and 2 hangers for each run if you want to do it this way. If you leave it at 10' long you'll need 2 end caps and 4 hangers, the end caps and the hangers are there in the aisle with the gutter.



I use the punch to make a "key" using black card stock, and attach it with mini glue dots. If the punch is not filed away where it's slot is I know it's out with another project.  

You can see that the gutter holds old style and new. I write on the side of the punch with a zig painty pen, and I mark the punched circle key with the size (ie., 2 1/2" circle). This has saved me many hours of hunting for the wrong size punch!



The other end of the gutter holds ribbon. I used sticky strip to hold the ribbon samples to the gutter. When the new catalog comes out I can easily peel the sticky strip off of the gutter and replace the retired with the new. In the past I have even written on the gutter with a Sharpie marker. I used Stazon stamp cleaner to wipe it off. I tied a pair of scissors to some twine and a hook and leave them there.

Right now my stamp room is in an unfinished basement so my husband used some construction adhesive to mount 4- 1x1 pieces of wood to screw the hangers into, the gutters just clip into the hangers. SWEET! So there you have it...I like to organize things.

Thank-you for stopping by today!

Karla c(:

1 comment:

  1. I love your punch storage! Including the punched shapes on the outside makes them so easy to find. I love it. Thanks for visiting my blog and sharing the link so I could check it out!

    ReplyDelete