Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fabulous Friday Texturz Plates

This is my offering for the Fabuloso Friday today over at http://sistersinstamping.blogspot.com/ .......





I used the Perfect Details Texturz Plate and the technique called Direct to Paper-- a fancy way of sayin'-- lay the ink pad down on the paper and drag it across so that the embossed portion picks up the ink. I used the ink pads to watercolor in the little owl. Growing up my Dad had a small plaque that looked like this card hanging in his bathroom. When SU! released this set I remembered it and I thought it would be fun to try and recreate it with card stock. In the 70's owls were very popular (that's what I heard --haha!)

SU! supplies used--


Stamp sets: Owl Together Now (pg.59, IB&C 2009-10). ~~ Accessories: Crushed Curry polka dot ribbon, dimensionals, BigShot Little Leaves Sizzlit, Perfect Details Texturz Plate, Aqua painters. ~~Paper: Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Mellow Moss. ~~Ink: Basic Brown, Creamy Caramel, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa.

Happy stampin', Karla c(:

No comments:

Post a Comment