Friday, February 5, 2010

Punching Perfect Fabulous Friday

It is Friday again...can you believe Valentines Day is next week! This year is just flying by. We are spotlighting the new punches on the Sisters in Stamping (http://SistersInStamping.blogspot.com) blog today, here is my card:

My Wedding Anniversary is next week and I need to make a card that I could give to my husband (read, not too "girlie"). I've been wanting to use the Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper for along time. I opened the pack as soon as it arrived in August and then couldn't bring myself to cut into any of the sheets because they were so beautiful! This piece of paper looked like a lovely whimsical tree to me, something you might see birds building a nest in in the Spring. I used two of the new punches, the Extra Large 2-Step Bird punch and the Medium Jewelry Tag punch. I blingified it with the new Eggcellent Egg Kit (which I just love, love, love). I hope this kit makes it into the catalog!!!! When I was making this card I placed the adhesive backed rhinestones on the birds for eyes....they looked like they were demon possessed! So I peeled them off and placed them back on the plastic sheet and took the black Stazon pad to them to darken them up, worked great! The Kit also comes with white rub-ons, I used them in the background and on the wings of the birds. Here are the other SU! supplies that I used--


Stamp Sets: Tint Tags (#118592, pg.28 Occasions Mini Catalog). Accessories: Extra Large Two-Step Bird punch (#117191, pg.11 Occasions Mini Catalog), Medium Jewelry Tag punch (#117190, pg.11 Occasions Mini Catalog), Eggcellent Eggs Kit (#117179, pg.23 Occasions Mini Catalog), 1/4" Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon, 1/16" handheld punch, Stampin' Sponges. Paper: Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper (#115680, pg.161 IB&C), Pretty in Pink, Ballet Blue, Shimmer White. Ink: Pixie Pink, Black Stazon.



E-mail me if you'd like a Occasions Mini Catalog. See you next week!

Karla c(:
PS. Look in on the Sisters.....http://SistersInStamping.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment