Friday, August 17, 2012

2012 Holiday Mini Catalog Favorite!

It's my week over at the Sisters in Stamping blog and we are picking out our favorites from the newly released 2012 Holiday Mini Catalog. There are so many really nice sets it was difficult picking just one...but, I'm sure you'll be seeing more from me regarding this new catalog! I finally settled on a set called Snowflake Soiree. Here is my card--

I know snowflakes in August?? But just looking at them makes me feel cooler....and it has been SO stinking HOT here anything you can do to make you feel cooler is a good thing! I was very happy to see this set in the Mini Catalog, you see, I was really bummed when they retired Serene Snowflakes because I used it all the time! I tried a new technique for the sky looking background, there is a video tutorial on this blog that shows how. I had to take it and make it my own though, I did the heat embossing first and the snowflakes acted as a resist on the watercolor paper.

Thanks for coming by!


Happy Stamping
Karla c(:

No comments:

Post a Comment