Friday, July 19, 2013

Clay for Fabulous Friday

I'm stuck at home while the other Sisters in Stamping are playing in Salt Lake City. They are attending Stampin' Up!s Convention this week, but they thought ahead and have Simply Pressed Clay projects for this week's post. Head on over to the Sisters blog to see some more ideas for this great new product. Here is my project for this week--
 
I rolled out a bit of the clay into a rectangle and pressed one of the stamps from Simply Sketched into the wet clay (I inked it up in Black Stazon first). When it was dry I sponged Sahara Sand ink along the edges. I colored the edges of the flower with a Wisteria Wonder marker, and then used a Aquapainter to move the color into the center of the flower. The stems were colored with a Wild Wasabi marker. There is a magnet glued on the back.

Here is a picture of it on my frig. The clay was super easy to work with, I'll be making more to give away.

Thank-you (as always!) for stopping by today!

Happy Stamping, Karla c(:

4 comments:

  1. I was just wondering how well the clay would work to make magnets. I did a search on pinterest and came across this post!! Thank you for sharing!! I am going to attempt it and will post about it when I do. Please do feel free to check out my blog. Looks like we missed out on a great convention this year, but air fare prices and a new job made it impossible for me. Hopefully next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri-
    I was worried that the strip magnet would'nt stick....but, so far so good! It helped not to press the stamp too hard in the clay after you ink it.

    Karla c(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karla, this has turned out so very pretty! Did you seal the block with anything? I have just tried making some autumn leaves with it and coloured them by dropping on re-inker. I sealed it with Crystal Effects - it's very shiny but it has really zinged up the colours I used. Lovely blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. TiaraHelen-
    I did not seal it with Crystal Effects, I wanted a diffused look so I left it. Thank-you for the nice compliment and stopping by my blog.
    Karla c(:

    ReplyDelete